All about Ganga Expressway, India’s second longest expressway
India is all set to build its second-longest expressway in Uttar Pradesh and it is being called the Ganga Expressway. The project will start from September this year and will also link the western part of the state to eastern Uttar Pradesh.
As per reports, Uttar Pradesh Expressways Industrial Development Authority (UPEDIA) is preparing to issue tenders for the project that will link Meerut to Prayagraj. In the future, the project may be extended till Varanasi and the expressway will be connected to 519 villages.
Here are few quick facts about Ganga Expressway:
1) This 8-lane project will cost nearly INR 36000 crore and is expected to finish within the next 26 months.
2) The proposed length of the expressway is 594 km.
3) The expressway will begin at Bijauli village in Meerut, and end at Judapur Dandu village in Prayagraj.
4) The expressway project has been divided into 12 packages to make sure the work is completed in time.
5) The expressway will go through 12 districts in UP: Meerut (15 kms), Hapur (33 kms), Bulandshahr (11kms), Amroha (26 kms), Sambhal (39 kms), Badaun (92kms), (40 kms), Hardoi (99 kms), Unnao (105 kms), Rae Bareli (77 kms), Pratapgarh (41 kms) and Prayagraj (16 kms).
6) The travel time between Delhi and Prayagraj is expected to cut off from 10-12 hours to 6-7 hours.
7) The expressway will have 14 major bridges, 126 minor bridges, eight road overbridges and 18 flyovers.