International Conference & Exhibition: Maritime Nation India 20-22-Sept 2016
India is a maritime nation, by historical tradition as well as because of its geo-physical configuration and geo-political circumstances. Modern maritime trade lanes have moved from only connecting mines, oilfields, refineries to connecting assorted nodes of production and consumption, often using a hub-and-spoke system. Considering that 97% of India’s trade is carried by sea, the maritime sector encompassing port operations, the merchant fleet, the coastguards, the shipbuilding industry and trained human resources, is a vital component of its strategic resources.
To help the maritime ecosystem achieve more, industry professionals, senior editors and an international business events company have come together to set up this platform
for the entire maritime ecosystem and launched its flagship event – Maritime Nation India September 20-22, 2016. (Reference- http://maritime nation.com).
Following through on several Indian governments led initiatives including events during the year, this event would provide a unique platform to:
- Enable the Indian & International maritime ecosystem including exporters, importers, forwarders, shipping lines, ports & terminals, CFS/ICD operators, shipbuilders, ship repairers, inland water transportation, technology , training and financial service providers, cruise tourism, and coast guards to network, gain insights and take away actionable suggestions.
- Serve the interest of the Make in India, Digital India and Skill India Campaigns initiatives vigorously pursued by the government of India to leverage India’s unique opportunity as a bright spot in the global economy.
- Leverage the legacy of International experience working with governments & with Fortune 500 Cos of Apex Group and the international readership & network of senior logistics executives of STAT Media Group- a leading business media and events company, internationally acclaimed for its events like Air Cargo Africa, Air Cargo India etc. and, for its popular business publications International Transport & Logistics News (www.ITLN.in) , ACAI etc. covering transportation, logistics and aviation MRO globally.
- The venue of MNI 2016 is the state-of-the-art International Exhibition Centre, located in Vashi, Navi Mumbai established by CIDCO, which includes an exhibition centre of 4,995 sq m, a large food court, an art gallery and a cafeteria. The centre includes a large open area outside for car parking and is a green building that has
been certified by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) and LEED.
The three day international event ‘Maritine Nation India 2016’ has already received support from the government and industry including from the PMO, Shipping Ministry and have confirmed speakers from the Mumbai Port (designated as a tourist port), EXIM Bank and CBEC, as well as from KPMG, PWC etc.
- Sanjay Bhatia- Chairman- Mumbai Port Trust has accepted our invitation and confirmed his presence Commerce Ministry of India in support with FFFAI has sent the messages to the embassies of CIS countries about the event
- Satya Prasad Sahu – Commissioner (IT) Central Board of Excise & Customs, Dept of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, has agreed to share his views and inputs on Single Window Clearance in one off the special business sessions at the event
- A. Janardhana Rao – Advisor (Sagarmala) – Ministry of Shipping has confirmed his participation in the session on lifting maritime infrastructure and will share the updates of the project at the event
- Debasish Mallick – Deputy Managing Director – Export Import Bank of India has confirmed his participation in the finance and investment session.
Mr. Neeraj Bansal –Dy. Chairman- JNPT has confirmed his presence and he will address the gathering on the future plans of JNPT (the largest container port of India)
- Maritime Weekly, our newsletter has earned a regular readership of over 500 senior executives.
For reservation, sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities, contact: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org or Call- +91 22 4131 4465